Nevel Takes Over Freddie's Blog
Happy Valentine's Day iCarlys! This is Nevel and I've taken over Freddie's blog. I chose Freddie's page to hijack mainly because I'm afraid of Carly and Sam -- and Gibby would just find a way to throw another meatloaf at my head.
I just couldn't resist sharing a little bitterness today on what some people consider the sweetest day of the year. So here's my recipe for Nevel's Sour Valentine!
PS: You can really make it any day of the year.
What You Need:
- 1 cup of agave nectar
- 3 ½ cups of boiling hot water
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of lime juice
- A mixture of lemons and limes (15-18 combined total)
- 15-18 small mint leaves (for garnish; use one mint leaf per each lemon/lime)
What To Do:
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk agave nectar into hot water until it has completely dissolved.
- Add in both lemon juice and lime juice, and whisk until incorporated.
- Freeze for at least eight hours or overnight in freezer.
- In the meantime, slice a small portion off the bottom of all lemons and limes so that they can stand vertically on their own. Slice a larger portion off the top and hollow out the lemons and limes with a melon baller, until no flesh remains inside the citrus fruits. Set aside.
- Once the lemon-lime mixture is frozen, remove from freezer and scrape it repeatedly with a spoon or the tines of a fork until the result resembles the texture of a light, fluffy icy.
- Spoon lemon-lime icy mixture into lemons and limes, and garnish with one mint leaf per lemon or lime.
- Serve and enjoy these Lemon-Lime Kewlers!
BTW, Make sure your parents are around to help 'cuz even though I don't like you, I don't want you to get hurt.